Maybe you are thinking of starting your own blog or website. You already have an idea in mind for your blog because your friends and family members have told you that you are good at finding discounted items and deals all around town. But you hesitate because you are afraid that your blog will not get any visitors to your blog. So your idea is stopped dead in it’s tracks and you procrastinate. Is this how your story began? Well, it doesn’t have to end that way because social media can be a wonderful tool to get your blog noticed. Let me explain how you can use social media to get real traffic to your blog.
Facebook, which is a widely and frequented social media platform is not just for individuals who want to share photos with their family or connect with their school mates and past acquaintances it is also for brands, companies, bloggers, business owners and others who have a desire to reach more people with their online business, products, website, etc. In fact, trying to acquire a blog without social media may only hurt you in the long run. Bloggers need a social media presence to captivate their audience and to reach new followers.
If you have shied away from being on social media up to this point, now is the time to make a change…starting today. Being on social media does not mean that you have to be seen. There are a lot of people who have successful websites and blogs where there face is never shown. A good example of this is WAHM which is an online work at home magazine. Their platform has been around for years but they have remained completely anonymous. So don’t let the fear of having your face seen stop you from being on social media. But if you do decide to show your face, there can be some advantages to it especially when it comes to blogging. Here are a few ways that you can reach a broader audience with social media. If you need a free blog try Weebly.
- Start a Facebook business page. It will require you to set up a personal page in order to do so but you do not have to post, add any photos or connect with others on your personal profile. You can simply share information and updates on your Facebook business page to promote your website, blog and anything else you would like to recommend.
- Start a Twitter account. It will only take you just a few short minutes to set up a Twitter account for your business. Once your Twitter page is online, you can promote it on Facebook on your blog and elsewhere to get people to follow and check out your tweets that will lead them directly to your blog or website.
- Create a Pinterest page. Pinterest has become highly popular in the last few years. I have talked to people who say that they literally spend hours on Pinterest looking at pictures, getting craft ideas, checking out room and home makeovers, getting new recipes to create and so much more. The great thing about Pinterest is that you can reach a large audience, have others share your pins that will take them to your website. You can set up multiple boards on Pinterest and narrow them down into specific categories which will show up in the search engine results. A few of my Pinterest pages can be found on Google which means that you can get a two for one. Two slots indexed on the search engines for your Pinterest page and for your blog.
- YouTube. One of my personal favorites that you can use to get real traffic to your blog or website. You can make video tutorials, give reviews and grow your business all without showing your face (if you prefer not to do so). The key is to consistently make videos on a weekly basis and eventually you will get subscribers especially if they like the content that you are sharing. YouTube is the second largest search engine right behind Google so your videos will rank and help your blog get more traffic and attention.
- You can use other social media platforms like Stumble Upon, Instagram, Snap Chat and others to promote your blog. I have an Instagram account and right below my Instagram page you can there is a direct link to my blog so that visitors to my page can visit my official website.
I like using social media because it is free to use, helps to give my blog more credibility, and has awesome sharing features so that others can promote your blog without you having to do all the work. Your potential to reach others with your blog or website is limitless with social media.
Check out some of my stats to date on social media below.